Conflict Resolution Guidelines:
The Win/Win Guidelines for Resolving Conflicts
1. Cool off.
2. Talk it over starting from “I,” not “you.”
3. Listen and paraphrase what you heard.
4. Take responsibility for your role in the conflict.
5. Come up with a solution that's fair to each of you.
6. Affirm, forgive, thank, or apologize.
Rules for Using Win/Win
1. Treat each other with respect; no blaming or put-downs.
2. Attack the problem, not the person.
3. No interrupting, negative faces or body language.
4. Be willing to compromise.
5. Have the courage to tell the truth in a respectful way.